Happy New Year’s Eve lovelies. I am sick with a cold so I will be spending the NYE drinking NYQuil and hot toddies. I hope everyone has a safe beginning to 2014. I did want to share one of my crock pot recipes. I just noticed I haven’t shared one in a while. I make this for my family’s Christmas dinner. It is always a hit with us, I hope you like it as well.
- 6 Cornish game hens
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar plum jam
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- Place the game hens in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Mix the plum jam and onion soup mix together in a bowl until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of the jam mixture and refrigerate until needed. Brush the remaining jam mixture over the hens.
- Set the slow cooker on Low for 7 hours. Brush the reserved glaze over the hens. Cook on Low 1 hour more.
Overall: 4.5 out of 5.
Notes: I love this dish. It is very very simple to make and the packs a delicious punch. I splurge and get “gourmet” jar normally, but my mom picked up Smucker’s this year and it was still good.
Would I do it again?: Yep