I am still jetlagging from my last few days in LA with Jai but wanted to share with you all my new favorite thing – this cologne collection from Jo Malone . Founded in 1994, Jo Malone, is definitely a timeless part of any fragrance lover’s collection and a very safe London souvenir for the girl on the go (with a little Ted Baker on the side).
Originally, I wanted to pick and share with you one or two of the scents that I spoke to my heart at first sniff. But a bit of sticker shock and sensory overload later, I decided that was not the answer.
So I did the next best thing, thanks to my Honey + Nordy , I got the quintessential sampler collection of some of her most loved pieces. Each are 9ml bottles of amazing.
Here are my thoughts.
- Lime Basil & Mandarin – I loved this citrus + pepper kick. It wouldn’t be my everyday go to, but I think it definitely speaks to me as a summery Leo from Miami. Very spicy caliente indeed.
- English Pear & Freesia – Y’all know I love a sweet smelling cologne, but this one was sweet smelling but very grown woman at the same time. I would absolutely keep this in my purse or desk at work in a clinch. Not because I don’t love it but it does remind me of several of the other perfumes I have in my collection.
- Wild Bluebell – Hmm… I liked it a lot. It has a very fresh scent to it. I found myself coming back to it again and again. Now I have no idea what that name wild bluebell has to do with anything but I don’t care. It make me want to drink a mimosa with my girls over brunch. And you know that’s always how I want to live my life.
- Peony & Blush Suede – See… I don’t even know what to say about this. It is definitely a sweet and floral scent which is definitely my aesthetic. Actually when we were shopping, P+BS was the scent I was drawn to the most. But now… I feel it is a little more classic than seductive like it was billed as. It feels very Sunday morning church house with a tea dress or pearls. I wonder if Mama Sew Right would wear it.
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt – I want to spray this all over Jai… that’s all I got. I love a masculine partner in a masculine scent. It is very crisp and earthy. This feels like this is the one true unisex piece in the collection and I am here for it.
So what do you y’all think? Do you love Jo Malone? Are you over it? Is there another scent I should try? Talk to me.
 I know I know Jo Malone has been a thing for a long time but I never got into her because I didn’t want J’adore Dior or Si (Giorgio Armani) to be jealous. Then I moved into the oils and musks I got from Dubai … yeah I said all that to say I missed the big huge boat.
 Is calling Nordstrom Nordy a thing? I don’t feel like I made it up… but if I did that would be cool *side eye*